Sunday, July 02, 2006



Interesting how 25 years can mature people. I attended my 25 year class reunion last night. It was a blast! At first I wasn't really sure i wanted to go at all. Then Julie and Lynn said they were thinking about going. GOOD! I'll have somebody to talk to! Interesting because some of the people I talked to last night I can't EVER remember carrying on a conversation with in the whole 12 years we were in school together. That's a good thing. It was a fair turnout. About a quarter of our class came. Some came from as far away as Colorado, Florida and Tennessee. BUT, most of those still living in town, didn't come. Why is that? There was alot of covered up gray hair (well, from those of us who HAD hair). A fair amount of wrinkes and added/lost weight. I only didn't recognise 1 person. Damn this woman had gotten tall! When did that happen? We have our share of professionals, engineers, police officers, day care providers, general office people and even a liquor drinkin, cigarette smokin, Methodist minister. YEA, she's a freakin hoot!!!! The night started out iffy but the last hour we were there we just sat around in a circle and reminised about our youth. I was such an angel growing up! Our evening ended at 1am but I think we could have EASILY stayed there in that circle another hour or two. I have a list of everybody's whereabouts (for those we could find anyway) and that important thing that wasn't even thought about 25 years ago, the email address. I might have to drop some people a line one of these days. Heck, somebody might even Google me and read this blog. Who knows!

Thanks GCHS Class of 1981, I had a great time last night!!

No comments: